Despite all the research showing the enormous payoffs of extraordinary coaching skills, numerous studies show many leaders are falling short. Some of the reasons are:
• Confusing coaching with resolving issues, directing, mentoring, or training
• Awareness, personality/style training, or education rather than how-to coaching skill development
• Complex coaching models that are difficult to apply
• Poor role models
• Scars from difficult conversations that didn’t go well
• Aversion to giving or getting performance feedback
I’ve written many blogs over the past year on Zenger Folkman’s powerful evidence-based approach to coaching. You can scan these in our blog archive at Coaching and Developing.
Next week Jack Zenger is presenting a complimentary (no charge) webinar: Coaching Matters: Six Ways to Jump Start Your Initiatives. Join Jack to learn about concrete actions to boost any organization’s coaching skills development.
Registrations are now coming in for Zenger Folkman’s symposium on “How to Create a Coaching Culture” in Orlando on March 12 – 13. This symposium is truly a unique opportunity: two days of workshops on coaching and feedback with Jack Zenger and Kathleen Stinnett. You’ll likely recognize those names, as Jack and Kathleen are renowned authorities on coaching and authors of the book, The Extraordinary Coach. This seminal work is by far the best I’ve ever read on this vital topic.
These are the sessions you’d participate in:
• The Extraordinary Coach Workshop – full day with the originators of this powerful new system
• Elevating Feedback Workshop – 1/2 day
• Developing Yourself as Coach: Utilizing 360-degree Feedback Workshop – 1/2 day
• Dinner Speech: Creating a Coaching Culture
Immerse yourself in coaching development with the thought leaders in the field. The Coaching Symposium is taking place at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek in Orlando, FL. If you’re knee deep in snow right now, the thought of a little “tropical vortex” in sunny Florida is very tempting as well!
Click here for more details and to register. I hope to see you there!
For over three decades, Jim Clemmer’s keynote presentations, workshops, management team retreats, seven bestselling books, articles, and blog have helped hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. The Clemmer Group is the Canadian strategic partner of Zenger Folkman, an award-winning firm best known for its unique evidence-driven, strengths-based system for developing extraordinary leaders and demonstrating the performance impact they have on organizations.