The Conference Board’s recent study on the state of leadership development in Canada shows serious shortcomings and lots of improvement opportunities (see my last blog). The results are also supplemented by interviews with five Canadian organizations that are making a best-in-class impact with their leadership development programs. View the report overview and reviews.
Leaders are being pushed to be “lean and efficient” while enhancing innovation, collaboration, and partnerships. As many Canadian senior leaders near retirement the nature of leadership is changing. The need for leadership development has never been more pressing.
On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. ET I am participating in The Conference Board of Canada’s Leadership Development in Canada: A Webinar on the Snapshot of Practices and Opportunities. This webinar will overview “A Snapshot of Leadership Development Practices in Canada” that’s now been read by over 500 HR executives across Canada.
This session will be hosted by Donna Burnett-Vachon, Associate Director of the Leadership and Human Resources Research Division of The Conference Board of Canada. Donna will share results from the Conference Board survey that provided details for the report. She will also share details on the Canadian organizations profiled in the report that are making a positive impact with their leadership development programs.
I’ll join Donna to draw from our research and experiences for building best-in-class leadership development programs. I am excited to outline the strong alignment and synergy in our research. The Conference Board’s report points to what the greatest leadership development opportunities are and I’ll outline key how-to steps based on ground breaking leadership science and new methodologies.
During this session, you will hear about:
- the business issues that are driving leadership development
- the impact the economic environment has had on leadership development practices
- how leadership development is prioritized within organizations
- which HR programs are linked to leadership development
- how leadership competencies are being used and can be much further enhanced
- ways to identify and develop high-potential talent
- the link between leadership development practices and changing demographics
- the mismatch between use and perceived effectiveness of leadership development programs
- how organizations are measuring the impact of leadership development proven steps to build leadership strength
The fee for Leadership Development in Canada: A Webinar on the Snapshot of Practices and Opportunities is $249. This includes:
- access to the live webinar and the Q&A session
- the recording that you can share with your entire organization — get everyone on the same page when it comes to leadership development
- a copy of Conference KeyNotes – The 2014 Leadership Development Conference: Identifying Your Company’s Leadership DNA. This Conference KeyNotes summarizes discussions held at the Leadership Development Conference in 2014. The briefing (10-pages, value of $205) looks at the characteristics of a successful leader, the characteristics of a successful leadership development program, and focuses on company leadership development programs.
You can register here. I hope to see you at the webinar.