Valerie Dixon, B.A., M.Ed., CTDP
Valerie Dixon is a leading expert in the field of Training and Development with forty years of in-depth and varied experience. Since 1982 she’s been providing highly customized training and development solutions to a wide variety of Clients. This encompasses the full spectrum of training needs analysis, customized design, and development.
Valerie began her training and development career right out of university. During her career she was the Director of Personnel Development for American Express where she was responsible for the design and delivery of all technical and management training. She then joined Price Waterhouse as a Consultant in their Human Resources Group.
Throughout her career Valerie has designed and developed both technical and management learning systems and training programs, managed training designers and e-learning developers, and facilitated the successful implementation of major training design projects in the private and public sectors. She provides Clients with creative, custom-designed multimedia based solutions to meet their organization’s human resource learning needs.
Valerie has a B.A. in English and Psychology from the University of Toronto and a Master’s Degree in Adult Education from the University of Toronto (OISE). She is on the faculty of OISE’s Continuing Education Department where she facilitates the Instructional Design Module for candidates who want to achieve their Certificate in Adult Training & Development. Valerie is recognized as a Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP) by the Canadian Society for Training and Development.
She is the author of two books; Learning Competency Architecture – 6Cs Learning Process (Gaining, Retaining, Recalling and Reusing New Knowledge and Skills) and Facilitating Learning – Synchronous and Asynchronous Facilitation Skills and Strategies.
She is a member of the Canadian Society for Training and Development (CSTD), North American Simulation and Gaming Association (NASAGA), and Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (CAPS).
Her Clients include a wide variety of major corporations within the finance, insurance, and pharmaceutical sectors as well as associations.
Valerie lives in Richmond Hill, Ontario with her husband Bryan. Their two adult children, Bill and Lauren are married to wonderful spouses. Valerie loves reading, writing new books, interior design, and sailing in Georgian Bay.
Learning Systems and Strategies: Developing both corporate-wide and business unit learning strategies and competency-based learning systems to support the achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
Competency Architectures: Identifying, assessing and documenting job roles and responsibilities (job profiles) and competencies. Researching and documenting relevant learning options to build competencies.
Custom-Designed Learning Materials, Resources, and Performance Support Tools:
- Custom-designing self-directed learning materials and resources: paper and/or technology-based (web: asynchronous and/or synchronous learning, computer-managed testing, webinars, etc.)
- Custom-designing facilitator-led and/or line-led classroom-based workshops, i.e., facilitator’s guides, participant workbooks, presentation visuals, and performance support tools/job aids
Training Project Management: Managing major training design projects from needs analysis to implementation of the learning solution.
Training Programs and Products
- Information DISCOVERY New Employee Orientation Program (Employee’s Kit, Manager’s Guide, Implementer’s Instructions): Customizable online or paper-based program
- Learning Architect™ Workshop – for Training and Development Professionals (Two Days)
- Facilitating Learning – Synchronous and Asynchronous (Train-the-Trainer) Workshop (Two Days)
- Brain Loading for Success™ Workshop (One Day)
- Brain Loading for Success™ (online modules)
- Mastering Multiple Choice Exams™ (online modules)